Halloween’s just around the corn-maze corner, and if you’d stop eating pumpkin flavored foods for a second, you’d realize that you don’t have a costume picked out yet. Or you have a costume, but it’s not a good costume.
I’m here to help. Freak out in style with one of these awesome ideas!
- Vampire Barbie: Plastic vampire teeth+Barbie’d out hair/makeup.
- Sweatpants Playboy Bunny: Bunny ears+sweatpants/sweatshirt.
- Future You: Wear a suit and draw wrinkles on your face. Or something.
- Past You: Did you have a bad teenage haircut? Do you want to relive your mistakes?
- Evil Villain: Get a watergun and write the words “freeze ray” on the side. “Death ray” works too.
- Santa Claus/The Easter Bunny/The Tooth Fairy
- A Meme
- Lady Gaga: YOU HAVE SO MANY CHOICES
- Marathon Contestant: Athletic clothing+a race number. Talk about your Paleo diet.
- Druggie. Pick a drug and stereotype yourself appropriately.
- Your Ex: act like a douche-y douche.
- Costume Judge Panel: Get a group together and score people’s costumes with scorecards and/or fun prizes.
- Turtle: wear a green turtleneck and walk slowly.
- Scary Food Vendor: Strap a belt to a tray and fill it up with scary goodies. For example, red juice is blood, grapes are eyeballs.
- Couple’s Costume: Each Other
- Dinosaur: It’s an excuse to watch Jurassic Park for research.
- Fainting Goat: dress like a goat and fall over randomly.
- Betty White: because everybody will love her forever.
- Newsie: THIS MOVIE will help you prepare. Plus, you can wave newspapers around and make sarcastic comments about the government shutdown.
- The Internet/A Demon Teletubby: Stick an iPad on your stomach and run around, whacking people with tentacles and yelling “You’re connected!”
- Person with a Lame Superpower: You should totally watch Misfits. Totally.
- Tumblr: Wear tumbling clothes and have printed out copies of your favorite tumblr blogs.
- The Fashion Police: write people tickets and stuff.
- “You”: Walk around with a mirror and hold it up when people ask what your costume is.
- Friend Costume: Hiker and Bear
- Couple Costume: Puppy Love
- Sexy Dita Von Teese: trick (or treat) question!
- Party Sasquatch: Basically, dress like sasquatch but with a party hat.
- Recently-Dumped-Musician: You are so sad, so very, very sad.
- The Spirit of Halloween: Tell everybody the True Meaning of Halloween.
- Wilfred: Everybody loves a dog that looks like a person but is a dog, or is he?
- Angry Chef: Wear lots of blush and yell at people.
- Tophat Chef: Chef costume, but with a top hat. Because Top Chef is so 2012.
- Gotye “Somebody That I Used to Know” Video: Paint yourself up and sing your heart out.
- Raver: Because glowsticks, obviously.
- Throw on Absurd Clothes Randomly and Don’t Explain It
- Zombie+an Old Work Uniform
- Vampire-Zombie: Because nobody will expect it.
- Zzzzombie: Zombie makeup+pajamas+a pillow.
- Politician: It’s a little played out, but it’s probably the scariest thing on here.
- Blood Bank Robber/Vampire: Ski mask+vampire teeth+black outfit+bag of blood.
- Zombie Walter White: The show may be over, but the fandom never ends.
- Where?Wolf: Dress like a wolf, ask people where you are. Be surprised when people get annoyed.
- Camera: all black+mask that looks like a camera.
- Couple Costume: Awkward Prom Dates