When I was a kid, I made tons (tons) of yarn dolls. They’re are incredibly simple, and I figured it’d be a good thing to throw out there for anyone who’s going to be spending time with young humans during the holidays. (Or if you’re just a child at heart.)
how to make yarn dolls
- start with your yarn — I personally prefer heavier yarns for this, but sometimes textured yarn is good too.
- wrap into a circle — make it thicker than you think you’ll need. nobody likes a skinny yarn doll.
- tie off the top and the head of the doll.
- separate the arms and bind off the torso. if you want to go rogue and make a yarn octopus, this is the time to do so. give your doll eight tentacles and some waterproofing.
- tie string onto the ends of all the little doll limbs.
- trim the stray yarn, and you’re good to go!